Monday, May 16, 2011

My Riches







As I stepped onto the morning grass,
So soft and green,
An awesome beauty lay there,
Like no other I had seen. 
Dewdrops, sparkling with colors 
From the rising sun;
Like no jewel that man can make,
It just cannot be done! 


You can keep your silver 
That makes you so very proud;
I find my riches every day,
In a floating, fluffy cloud. 

Gold I have no need for, 
I have more than you can get;
I see and feel it all around me, 
In each beautiful sunset. 


A ruby and an emerald, 
I find in each leaf and flower of a rose;
No matter where I travel, 
All my riches with me goes. 


I am bathed in nectar, 
When I feel the wetness of the rain,
And shaded as a queen,
As I walk down a tree lined lane. 

A gentle breeze cools me 
And whispers in my listening ear,
The sweet music of creation 
That I love to feel and hear. 


If I tire of certain riches,
I look across a meadow filled with flowers,
And I see majestic mountains 
That replace your tallest towers. 

 
I have all the diamonds 
I could ever want to fill my eyes,
They sit within a universe, 
In the velvet night time skies. 


With you, I share my awesome wealth,
If you'll take time to see,
Though I may be poor in money,
I am much richer, than most will ever be!


Author Unknown

Designed by 
Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment