Wednesday, April 20, 2011

An Angel Touch




I thought I felt an angels touch
as I lay there half asleep
A gentle touch that soothed my soul
and traced across my cheek
I saw a golden light appear,
I saw her wings of glory
My eyes were filled with tears of joy,
the look on her face so holy


She touched me with her hands so soft,
her eyes never left my face
The words she whispered filled the room
with harmony and grace
I felt a peacefulness inside,
as if I were in heaven
No sorrow did I feel inside,
gone were all my problems


She rose above my head,
with fluttering wings she soared
The light around her blinded me
and I fell to my knees on the floor
The presence of the Lord I felt
as His arms surrounded me
Cradled softly against His chest,
my tears of joy poured free


It seemed like an eternity,
that He held me in His arms
His presence filled the room with peace,
for which I'd yearned so long
He touched my cheek with gentle hands,
soft as a velvet cloth
And wiped warm tears of joy from me
with nail scarred hands he'd wrought
Author Unknown


Designed by  
Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment